If I have heard it once, I have heard this 17,000x “How is my product so well reviewed, so well documented as being enormously valuable, and yet it’s so freaking hard to sell?”
Frustrating is an understatement.
Like anything, one size does not fit all, however a common set of traits can be such a good starting point for changing the pattern.
Oops! Did I just say pattern?
Yes. I did.
It is the number one reason why businesses struggle to get their market to notice their genius product.
So without further ado;
Following is a list of the two most common traits that could be the primary reason why your genius product is going unnoticed.
NUMBER ONE REASON?
The Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Syndrome
As inconsistent with showing up as you are with your proposition.
People just can’t keep up with your constant change of direction.
Quite frankly, it’s exhausting. And it’s making us dizzy.
It’s a very important part of the process and road to success.
So what the heck do we do with that then?
Remedy for the Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Syndrome
Clarity that allows you to:
1. Easily and accurately describe what you sell.
2. Commit to a proactive market that will see you investing, time, money and resources (that’s marketing) into acquiring along side your reactive market which is really everybody else who benefits from your product but that you do not spend time, money and resources (marketing) pursuing. They come through some version of Word of Mouth.
3. find peace with this necessary part of the journey.
NUMBER TWO REASON?
The absence of focused marketing.
You probably have a website (more brochure than sales tool though). You likely have a social media profile or two (again is more ‘ticking boxes’ then working as a marketing asset) and you might attend the odd networking event with a spot of Linkedin thrown in for good measure. So what’s not to love?
The lack of focus, structure and follow through.
Focus on the:
- Actual target revenue you want to generate over the next 12 months distilled into average transactional price x total no. of clients.
- Proactive market you want to pursue with time, money and resources.
- Size and scale of your marketing efforts.
Structure for the:
- 10 different angles of messaging for the proactive market across the various communication channels that is executed daily, every day for 3 consecutive months.
- Layering of tactics. One campaign is done knowing what it sets up next and how it will be leveraged again 3 months from now. NEVER are these marketing tactics to be done ad hoc, one off willy nilly.
- What’s working, what isn’t, what’s next.
- Call backs.
- An actual marketing campaign. They usually span 4-weeks. Have a clear offer, time end, and targeted audience.
In summary? The most common reason why it’s so hard to get your genius product noticed is as simple as lacking
- Clarity on the end game.
- Focus on the near future.
- Action that is meaningful, consistent and spans 3 consecutive months.
If this resonates and the timing is right, we run 3hour Clarity, Direction, Action workshops that deliver clear cut solutions on all of the above. We really can do all that in just 3hours.
Perhaps a 40-minute skype is a good place to start?